[RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

Hare, Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Thu Mar 18 03:06:38 EDT 2021

No chiding, but this does represent a good example of how some RFI problems can represent important maintenance issues.

Even the neutral is not safe.  If there is a problem with a transformer ground and an imbalance between the loads on each of the phases, that voltage can rise above 0V.  With the problems that you described on that pole, a defective ground may well be present... or not present, as the case may be. 🙂

Ed