[RFI] Tin roof under yagi ... RFI?

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Mar 21 09:59:32 EDT 2021

John,

You didn't say what band(s) the yagi was for. 70cm? 6m? 10m? Standard
Tribander? 40m?

The feed type and coax isolation (balun, ugly balun) etc. may also play a
role.

re: RFI-QRP or kW+

Why are you asking.do you HAVE RFI? (or are you planning this installation)

For my money, I absolutely wouldn't worry about.  Too many folks get wrapped
around

the axle on things they either can't control or haven't happened yet.

GL, Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

=========

Curious, with a horizontal pattern yagi, some 50ft above a 12x22ft stand
alone

radio shack with a tin roof ... what is the probably of RFI and/or pattern

distortion?

Your comments will be appreciated, thank you!

John

WA4AIP

ARRL Charter Life Member

    50 Years HAMMING!