[RFI] New Interference at kk0sd

AA5CT jwin95 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 15:42:34 EDT 2021

re: "Audio recordings rarely tell us much."

Disagree.

Many of us have an 'ear' from the days when that was all we had
to analyze and catalog noise sources. When tracking these sources
in the field one also may not have waterfall capable gear suitable
for walking along a sidewalk in daylight or for use on a bicycle (which
allows a tremendous amount of ground to be covered saving time
walking a several block area.)

To me, this sounds mains related.

And, sounds as if there are two different sources as well.

It should be born in mind that hardware in buried utilities
can fail too; We lost a line fuse in a pad transformer one
Christmas day a few years ago on account of a failed
buried lined segment.

Jim AA5CT

On Sunday, March 21, 2021, 1:10:59 PM GMT-5, Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On 3/21/2021 11:01 AM, Gary wrote:
> You can see a recording of it here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKf4P44FXMo

Audio recordings rarely tell us much. Waterfalls are far more useful.
See NK7Z's website, and my tutoriaL applications note.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC