[RFI] QRM from recessed lighting

Lloyd - N9LB lloydberg at tds.net
Mon Nov 15 22:16:48 EST 2021

When making your own analog power supply for LED lighting, remember that the
LEDs need Regulated Current ( not regulated voltage ).
You can use a regulated voltage, but you must include a current limiting
circuit or series resistor.
You can measure the current being drawn from the switching power supply by
the LED lighting and then use that number for designing your homemade analog
power system.

I have seen some "Low Voltage Landscape" LED lighting that includes a built
in current regulator, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Lloyd - N9LB