[RFI] CASE HISTORY - Powerline - Multiple Sources (re-post w/o errata)

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Fri Oct 1 12:25:48 EDT 2021

Jim,

Your statement is sort of true when referring to all possible sources of RFI out there today.

But since I was addressing only power line noise sources and not all of the non-powerline sources, I stand by my statement that the age of distribution lines can indeed be found to be a major factor increasing the number of RFI sources generated by the gap sparking on older power lines.  This can and does make it more difficult to locate the specific noise causing RFI to a ham radio station.

73, de ed -K0iL