[RFI] RFI LG Refrig Corcom filter and #31 core

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Oct 13 15:05:03 EDT 2021

I used to think that, but I was mistaken. #43 is NiZn, #31 is a very
special MnZn material. NiZn materials are relatively high-Q as compared
to #31, which is a very special MnZn formulation.

Once we realize that 1) #43 is designed for mid-to-high VHF to get
products through EMC testing; 2) Rs in a choke is far superior to Zmag,
3) much higher Rs values can be obtained by winding turns to move the
VHF resonance down to HF, and that the higher Q of the NiZn material
exacerbates tolerance issues, #31 is actually moderately superior to #43.

73, Jim K9YC