[RFI] Could RFI from my transmitter cause the failure of a furnace ECM inducer?

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 23:25:50 EDT 2021

  Thoughts... **thermostat unit is wall-mounted -- connected to the furnace by approximately 50 feet of wiring. **
That's a pretty good ANTENNA -- and when the thermostat sends what looks like a valid command, chokes at the furnace inducer may (If it works) let it pass.

Opinion: Your 40 meter RF *shouldn't* burn out the motor it encounters an RF spike, but that could zorch the inducer electronics, which (if I understand) may be likelier to fail.

Cortland -- ex EMI/EMC, now retired