[RFI] For Hams too close to a AM station

AA5CT jwin95 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 18:58:50 EDT 2021

Thank you Jim.

It is designed for 100 Watts above roughly 1830 kHz on account of
high circulating currents in components below that point.The idea was
that some radio installations need HP filters on the transmitter output
to avoid intermodulation with nearby AM band transmitters back
into a ham band radio PA stage. I've used this filter for that purpose,
as I have a 5 kW AM station at 1700 kHz several miles to my ENE
and noticed 'mixing' when my WSPR xmtr came on the air when
working 160 meters.

All measured performance values were in a 50 Ohm system using
HP lab gear. I can't vouch for performance going above or below
that value, or for highly reactive 'loads' as some receivers may present.

de AA5CT Jim