[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:20:29 EDT 2021

Hi Gary,

Funny that you bring this up (annual inspection).  It just so happens that
WNTS had just gone through their annual inspection (measurements) 2 weeks
prior to the splatter showing up and I saw the paper work documenting the
inspection, and I know for a fact that I could not hear the splatter 10
days prior to the splatter occurring when I was down in the area of the
transmitter site and when I heard the splatter 10 days later it was very
strong.  We also noticed something odd when I went to the transmitter site
with their engineers to determine the problem as the transmitter output
power far exceeded the measurements that were made 2 weeks prior during the
annual inspection so it did indeed appear the issue was not a gradual
issue, but more of a sudden failure.

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)