[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

Hare, Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Wed Oct 27 18:01:33 EDT 2021

The  majority of RFI cases ARRL receives about AM-broadcast intermod and even harmonics are at least made worse due to receiver overload.  It is important to try 10 or 20 dB of attenuation for the receive antenna, to see if the intermod or harmonics drop by much more than 20 dB.  A high-pass filter often fixed broadcast harmonics or intermod, indicating that the problem is caused by receiver non-linearities.

Ed