[RFI] Samlex SEC-1235M RFI test report

Jim McCook w6ya at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 20:32:14 EDT 2021

This is a great power supply, but has a very common failure mode:  Two
switching transistors.  They are two rectangular gray units mounted
together.  One of my friends who fixes radios in my area has a kit to
repair this PS consisting of a bag full of those switchers and 8A
fuses.  Mine failed after 12 years.  He fixed it in several minutes.  A
useful mod is to put a 100 ohm 1w resistor between the negative (black)
fan lead and the negative DC output terminal.  This allows the fan to
run constantly at a very low level, which prevents the full loud fan
speed from coming on with normal use.  73, Jim W6YA