[RFI] Working with Utilities

Stephanie WX3K wx3k at ptd.net
Sat Sep 11 20:08:44 EDT 2021

“They are not responsible for noise from non-utility equipment and a few false complaints can quickly put amateurs to the bottom of their priority list, often not scheduled until Nevuary.

Ed, W1RFI“

Yep i understand that Ed. My reported RFI is certainly related to humidity/temperature. It has really Again if the utility is only using their ultrasonic detector, they really will not know if a line is severely oscillating at 50 Mhz. If they find nothing with their detector they may brush it off as a false complaint, right ? Again i have no issues with the PPL lines because they replaced all the old Bell type insulators. I have not had that RFI powerline signature since on any of their lines in the neighborhood.

My impression is MetEd needs some further understanding of RFI related to these old Bell type insulators. They seem obstinate about replacing them.

Stephanie WX3K