[RFI] Maintaining 50 Ohms...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 18 14:22:52 EDT 2021

On 9/18/2021 4:35 AM, Dave wrote:
> I will build a small chassis and put them on inside, with a pair of
> SO-239s.

I've deleted the original post in this thread. Did it start with a choke
with the bleed included? Several thoughts. First, the first choke in any
system should be at the antenna feedpoint, not in the shack. Second, for
reasons of dissipation, chokes should not be enclosed, or if they are
enclosed, must be provided with sufficient ventilation. There's an
addition to the Cookbook from NA6O, who did some serious lab work on
that, and added it to chokes for the N6RO contesting station.

Third, if chokes are inside a conductive box with connectors mounted to
it, the box will short around the choke.

73, Jim K9YC