[RFI] Water treatment system RFI?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 20 17:15:45 EDT 2021

On 9/19/2021 6:43 PM, Kenny Silverman wrote:
> We need a new water treatment system (we’re on well water) and all the new systems are digital. Anyone experienced RFI from a new system?  Or just treat it like any electric device?

Hi Kenny,

Treat it as a potential source of RFI, but don't assume that it WILL be
unless there's variable speed-control of a motor.

We're also on a well, a Well-Xtrol-branded pressure pump controller and
WX-302 pressure tank came with the house when we bought it 16 years ago.
All of the wiring is either underground or in conduit, most of it around
the unit is in flexible stuff, and the controllers are in steel boxes.
There's also a Triple O-branded TWTS-101 ozone water treatment unit. The
motor controller functions as on-off, not variable speed. Same for the
well motor.

I just checked -- my Kenwood TH-F6A used as a probe for noise heard
nothing around 2 MHz. If it's not there, I wouldn't expect to see it
anywhere else.

73, Jim K9YC