[RFI] Network birdies

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Fri Sep 24 11:55:58 EDT 2021

Hi Jim. I must be lucky, on this issue for now. I hear nothing or almost
nothing (sounds like one faint one on one frequency I found on the ham
bands) with my wired network disconnected. That is one thing that
motivated me as I tried disconnecting mine long ago. I guess I stated
"hopefully" due to possibly a neighbor coming along at some point  and
hooking up a wired system..... I am guessing most everyone around, for
now, is using wireless as well.

Modem is at one end of the house but put the router on the ceiling at
the middle of the house with CAT6 shielded yesterday (already had the
cable and power wire run in the attic). Nothing heard out of that. Just
a matter of getting these VOMET WIFI gizmos working on my PC and a old
HP laserjet (and checking that for birdies). I still have the old
network hooked up for now with the new router going through it until I
get everything setup. My wifes PC, Win 10, had WIFI built in so it was
easy. Roku's, laptops, should be easy too as they worked on the old WIFI
fine.

I have 12v run from one of my Astrons through some diodes and their own
fuses mounted on some perf board. Need to do same for 5v via 7805 for
these VOMET devices and eliminate those wallwarts ( neater and possibly
eliminate any rfi there).

I wish power line noise was as easily under my control..........

Anxious to work on it but have to mow the yard today or I will have to
bail it, lol.

73

Chuck

W4NBO