[RFI] RFI LG Refrig Corcom filter and #31 core

Mike Wetzel mjwetzel at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 15:10:19 EDT 2021

My neighbor's LG refrigerator is radiating RFI on 28MHz and Don (WD8DSB)
temporarily hooked up a Corcom filter and a cord wrapped around a #31
torroid core that eliminated the interference.  I tried contacting LG with
no success asking them to provide a filter for the refrigerator.

Don came up with this APC unit AV C Type 2 see here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=apc+av+c+type+2
<https://www.google.com/search?q=apc+av+c+type+2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ub
untu&channel=fs> &ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs

It says it has 55db EMI suppression.  I can add a core to a line cord.

It seems like a lot of places have the raw filters (Corcom) but they are not
available in a package that would be neighbor friendly and instill
confidence.

Does anyone have any other suppliers of a packaged EMI filter?

Mike Martin suggested this could be a nice business opportunity if one was
to produce such a unit (filter and core).

Thanks,

Mike W9RE