[RFI] Another Solar Panel Interference Case

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:08:40 EDT 2022

QUOTE W2TTT, GORDON:  " As for VZW and AT&T staffing, there are
surprisingly few engineers
                                 available and equipped to troubleshoot
noise and other forms of interference, but they
                                 do an excellent job when tackling a
reported issue.  Keep in mind that their networks
                                 (wired and wireless) are often impacted by
issues with SMPSs and solar panels in
                                 particular.  The trick is to recognize,
measure, isolate and mitigate those issues.  These
                                 networks are massive with millions of
components and even with comprehensive
                                 monitoring, there are things that can be
below the radar or be ambiguous as to their
                                 cause without correlation or further
investigation."

So, VZW and AT&T (and others) have joined ARRL in doing the job of FCC.
Whether it's private industry or ARRL, we all pay for this "service".  But,
isn't this what FCC was originally chartered to do??

When it comes to SMPS from China, FCC allows them to sail through Customs
with no attention paid to EMC/RFI.  FCC allows the integrator to be held
responsible for the EMC solution when these SMPSs are incorporated into
products.  Once sold to a consumer, the consumer becomes responsible (solar
power et.al.).  What a "pass-the-buck" approach by FCC!  And FCC has
allowed all home appliances to go Scott free w.r.t. EMC/RFI.  Again, what a
scam on the part of FCC.  FCC is NOT..... N-O-T ....fulfilling its
chartered duties.  We are all paying directly or indirectly for this
shirking of responsibilities on the part of the FCC.

Again, this could have been avoided for the most part, if FCC had done due
dilligence during the early days of the digital revolution.  They did very
little (even when they had more clout!!  And, yes, OET has been gutted.

Dave - WØLEV

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 6:40 PM EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI <rfi at contesting.com>
wrote:

> And the internet as well, which is less reliable than the geographically
> distributed AM/FM broadcast sites.
> But lawyers aren't worried about reliability of communications.

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*