[RFI] Travel trailer converter RFI - solved

nm8rmedic nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:40:58 EDT 2022

Following David's example, I'll post a reply as to how I solved the power converter RFI matter in my travel trailer.Everyone on this list who helped me gets credit for the win.After being rightly admonished on the list by member, I placed a common mode choke on a 4 inch mix 31 core on the inverter DC output leads.10 turns showed to be the optimal winding per my VNA, with about -20 dB (S21) of common mode reduction. Real life testing verified that it had cured 40 m nicely, leaving a small remnant on 20 that was nearly completely removed by a capacitor across the DC line. Someone is sure to ask - the choke in CM caused no convertor buzz as it did when on only the positive lead. And 6 ga. copper is expensive.Just closing the loop to thank everyone and for the benefit of any who search this topic in the future.ScottNM8RSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone