[RFI] USB port closing

Eddie Edwards eddieedwards at centurylink.net
Wed Aug 10 11:04:01 EDT 2022

Hi Martin,

For my IC-7610 USB connection to my PC I used a printer cable from an old
printer (that's gone now) that has built-in ferrites on each end, and then
it's plugged into a USB extension cable with good shielding that I added a
large #31 clamp on ferrite with a few turns on the computer end.  So there
are ferrites on each end and in the middle of the run from computer to
radio.

No RFI to any of the radio apps' functions at either end from 100 watts into
my 2 multi-band verticals (located not far from my home) or even from my end
fed inverted L for 160 meters.  My station/home grounding (hopefully) meets
Motorola R56 guidelines for bonding and grounding.

73, de ed -K0iL
Eddie Edwards
PO Box 375
Elkhorn NE 68022-0375