[RFI] "LED noise"

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 20 23:10:18 EST 2022

Dave,

You and I are old enough to remember when QST was edited b active hams
who were technically competent. A typical issue had several articles
about things you could build, and they worked. It's been quite different
since I got back on the air in 2003. QST is edited by "magazine" people,
and last I heard, there was no review by anyone who was technically
competent. Ward Silver, N0AX, who has edited the Handbook and Antenna
Book for more than ten years, and written the Grounding and Bonding
book, had a column that was the only thing in most issues you could
count on as being solid science. Ward retired from that column several
years ago. George Wallner, AA7JV, wrote a great piece on an easy to
build vertical Yagi. Several years ago, there was a good piece on RF
absorption in dense forests. Other than a few examples like those, it's
been pretty slim pickings. And I see stuff that causes me to cringe in
almost every issue that I take the time to skim.

73, Jim K9YC