[RFI] 6m spur

nm8rmedic nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 2 22:06:43 EST 2022

For some months I've been experiencing a spurious signal at the bottom end of 6 meters.  It started at 50.060 MHz and has now wandered to 50.130 MHz.  In FM mode I can recover raspy audio which seems to be a sports channel. It peaks S9 or stronger with my 3 ele yagi.I'm in a rural area, but still the FM dial is full of stations and one of them (97.5) is very powerful, frequently blowing by ceramic IF filters in FM radios.  It's an album rock format.  There is no sports talk FM station in the area.  I engaged our local cable TV tech but he pointed out all of their plant is now digital.Has anyone on this group experienced something similar?Is this some kind of an IM spur? Or a baby monitor? I thought they moved to 2.4 GHz.I would really appreciate it if the group would brainstorm with me. ScottNM8RSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone