[RFI] Severe RFI from Solar Edge HD Wave system inverter...who owns the system? And is responsible to fix the RFI?

Hare, Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Mon Feb 14 15:13:24 EST 2022

Under the FCC rules, the manufacturer must meet the FCC limits. The limits are for radiated emissions above 30 MHz, conducted emissions onto the AC mains below 30 MHz.

If there is harmful interference to licensed radio, the operator of the system is responsible for harmful interference.

Solar Edge has been assuming that responsibility on behalf of its customers. Report it to the installer and if they tell you it has been reported to Solar Edge, SE will go through the process of reducing or eliminating the noise. Trying to do any end runs around that usually complicates the cases quite a bit.

Ed