[RFI] SMPS RFI Hunting

damichael at verizon.net damichael at verizon.net
Fri Feb 18 10:32:37 EST 2022

GM , I'm looking for better portable tools for SMPS RFI hunting.
I use a Sony 2010 for most of my MF and HF hunting because it has a good LF/MF bar antenna that is very directional plus an RF attenuator and RF Gain control. With a 10 segment LED S meter. It can be tuned to the RFI frequency as seen on my shack receiver so I know I'm hunting the correct RFI.
I also have a Yeasu FT817 with home made handheld loop antenna and a Miraclewhip for 160M and 80m plus a 470mhz 5 element yagi for arcing hardware hunting.
I would like to upgrade to a nice portable RFI hunting receiver with a spectrum display and I'm looking for suggestions.
I thought about trying to adapt my tinySA as a waterfall to these receivers but have not gotten very far along with that idea because it seems I'm always chasing a new SMPS RFI and don't get much time at the work bench.
TNX  es 73, Mike W3TS