[RFI] SolarEdge HD Wave system RFI

damichael at verizon.net damichael at verizon.net
Mon Feb 21 09:44:34 EST 2022

This weekend I did some more SolarEdge HD Wave RFI hunting with the Sony 2010. It seems all the other power line users are part of the reradiation of the inverter RFI.  ALL other user power drops on the same transformer are full of RFI. 2 street lights with long triplex spans and 3 houses beside the house with the system.
It looks like the inverters base frequency is 120khz. I'm an 137khz and 472khz (4th harmonic of 120khz RFI) experimenter and operator. The RFI trash from the SolarEdge HD Wave inverter was covering up these frequencys even well after dark...makes no sense to be on at all after dark.
I hope SolarEdge gets on top of this ASAP with a fix.

By the way, RFI in my case is almost always found with leg work...you need to get out of the shack and walk the area and stop guessing what could be causing the RFI. My random guesses have been incorrect most of the time.
73, Mike W3TS