[RFI] Lennox brand HVAC RFI experience

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 18 19:27:30 EDT 2022

On 7/18/2022 2:55 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> The installer is aware of the Lennox 604552-01 kit which includes a
> differential filter and a snap-on toroid.  I've made it clear that the
> single snap-on toroid is likly and that a multi-turn type 31 would be
> used in lieu if needed.  Which would not have a warranty issue as the
> HVAC guy and I share a common electrician who has vouched for the safety
> of this "mod."  And we have discussed that similar (multi-turn toroid)
> treatment may be added to the thermostat line as well.

Hi Jeff,

You've asked all the right questions, and I would make sure that the
body of filter is well bonded to the equipment chassis. The best form of
filter is a type that is built into the equipment, which, if not
insulated from the chassis by paint, accomplishes that bond. And I'd
insist that the control line is twisted pair.

73, Jim K9YC