[RFI] HVAC - some observations

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 18:51:59 EDT 2022

On 7/25/2022 14:41, James Jordan wrote:
> Get out on the Interstate and check
> out the number of serious speeders. How many cops would it take to catch
> them all? Are we willing to pay enough taxes for that? I don't think so and
> the FCC has never had enough resources to run down all reported violations.
> The country would never consent to paying for that in any event.

Funny thing...

It was determined years ago in this very forum, if one were to take an
instantaneous snapshot off all FCC violations any given second, fine all
violations as defined, and required, the FCC alone could pay off the US
deficit.  Do it again a few moments later, and start funding entire
Gov't agencies.  Wait a few months, maybe a year, start getting entire
nations out of hock with no strings attached.  There would be the
unfortunate side-affect of violations ceasing quickly, as the rest of
the planet would not like an added expense of up to trillions per year,
just to produce the same crap as before.  Sell an item for a dollar,
make 75 cents profit, shell out up to a few grand at a whack, just for
existing.  This, of course, requires a Kindergarten understanding of the
rules, and a middle school Hall Monitor amount of effort.

It's not about funds, perhaps beyond a few thieves and lairs looking for
notoriety and easy money from a system revised to fail.  The system
itself was initially designed to support itself many, many, many times
over with not much more effort than that of Meter Maid, violate - fine,
violate - fine, violate - fine...  Maybe the FCC needs to print up some
pamphlets extolling the long forgotten notion of their virtues.

In a few days, everyone will forget, and in a few weeks, maybe even
less, the conversation will repeat, as it has for decades, since RFI
(or, any other violation) will still be a thing.

Kurt

P.S.  I remember ~1993 or '94, when the FCC had multiple spooks staking
out a McDonald's because the drive-through had occasional interference.
  It was hilarious.  I couldn't tell if they were strip mall valets, or
maybe those religious guys that go door-to-door, by their cute "FED!!!"
screaming uniforms.  I heard the interference on a scanner, and watched
them run around like autistic meth addicts with their heads cut off (now
clearly exposing their Cracker Jack prize like little FCC name tags),
running around, getting into each others way, as if they suddenly knew
the source of a randomly appearing invisible signal of unknown origin,
traveling at the speed of light, as if they mattered, and 28 years
later, all issues would be resolved by the effort...

P.P.S  Then again, maybe I've got it all wrong and the FCC really has it
together, is doing something that matters, and in a few weeks, we'll all
be amazed, comparable to seeing aliens, or God.