[RFI] Power Line Radiated Interference Limits

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Sun Jun 5 23:27:44 EDT 2022

Looking back in the archives of this group should yield what you seek.
Pay particular note of Ed Hare's response on the subject for regulatory
standards. Part 15 mentions "harmful". I guess what is harmful to a
moonbounce operator maybe different from what is harmful to a 80m op.
For me, as of the last 8+ months or so I am free of 120hz rfi except
distance sources and they are very intermittent so I can easily live
with that (sometimes using NB but not very often) and do not consider it
harmful for me. But the 20db over S9 I use to have definitely was.

Here is a sample letter at the ARRL website which specifies the Part 15
sections although it does not go into detail but I'm sure you could
google that; https://www.arrl.org/fcc-power-utility-letter

Let us know how it goes.

73

Chuck