[RFI] Solar Edge Prototype Optimizer

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:53:15 EDT 2022

Ed, I'm well aware of the regulatory requirements and the fact that the
"full-up" system can not be properly evaluated in an accredited lab.  I can
only hope.  It sounds like you/ARRL are the best bet for evaluation of the
"new" optimizer unit.  I wish you and SolarEdge luck!

Please let us know how it turns out.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 9:41 PM Hare, Ed, W1RFI <w1rfi at arrl.org> wrote:

> They had one earlier attempt that did not prove successful, so they didn't
> go into production.  If this makes a substantial improvement, I will
> probably ask Tony if I can do a site visit to take a look at the results.
>
> A lab could measure it, but they usually do not measure things with full
> wiring connected to it. The lab will be equipped to measure only the
> radiated emissions from the unit above 30 MHz and the conducted emissions
> onto the ac mains below 30 MHz, probably with a single panel with
> moderately sized wiring attached.  The issue of interference is radiated
> below 30 MHz, which neither the US nor European standards cover.
>
> Ed, W1RFI/9

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*