[RFI] SolarEdge Prototype Optimizer Test

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 17 17:52:38 EST 2023

> Solar Edge will be testing their new prototype Optimizer today. The new
> design is supposed to reduce the RFI associated with their old units.
> The NPI engineer I spoke with said the test results will be announced
> sometime next week.

Am I confused, or wasn't the ARRL RFI lab and solar edge working
together, and had produced, and tested, with plans to put into new
installs, a quite "optimizer" several years ago, work beginning some
time shortly after the first few complaints?

With 3,488 saved messages from the forum, with solar edge RFI mentioned
back to 2016 (maybe further back on an old computer), it'll be hard to
find, but maybe someone remembers.  I seem to recall some excited
announcements from Ed about working with them, and at least one quiet
model put into production several years ago.

I did quickly find a reference to solar edge using quieter EU models in
the US several years ago...

Kurt