[RFI] Tip on approach to, or where to start looking for new noise source

mstangelo at comcast.net mstangelo at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 11:24:59 EST 2023

Good advice. When you turn off breakers don't forget to turn off any battery backup devices during your investigation.

I had a nagging noise on 60 meters. I turned off all circuit breakers but still had the noise. I turned off the battery backup system I have in the shack and the noise disappeared. I turned on the power and disconnected each power supply connected to the battery backup and isolated the noise to a power supply to our wireless phone. I had to place a Fair Rite 31 toroid on the power cord near the power supply and one at the phone to eliminate the noise.

Mike N2MS