[RFI] Please comment this picture

Wes Stewart n7ws at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 17:08:04 EST 2023

 Martin, you do say close to the antenna so that is good.  You don't say what kind of antenna, so that make a difference.
I'm not one of those guys who is adverse to using sleeve cores, if there are enough of them.  Looking at the Laird data, they show impedance v. frequency without saying whether is predominately resistive or reactive. Because it's pretty flat, I'm guessing resistive.  In that case at HF, ten cores would give 600-800 ohm.
Many who subscribe to the idea that you need 5K or higher will disagree but I think for the average beam or resonant dipole, that is enough.  The only problem I see is that the diameter is so small.  I can't think of a cable I would want to use that would fit through those cores.
Wes  N7WS