[RFI] DEFINITION OF "HARMFUL INTERFERENCE"

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:28:34 EST 2023

A couple of weeks ago, I asked if the FCC had a definition of "Harmful
Interference".  I was not aware of such a definition.  So, I went searching
in CFR 47 which is the FCC.  I found the definition in 18.107:

*Harmful interference.* Interference which endangers the functioning of a
radionavigation service or of other safety services or seriously degrades,
obstructs or repeatedly interrupts a radiocommunication service operating
in accordance with this chapter.

This statement is reproduced in several places throughout CFR 47, but the
wording is essentially identical.  Pretty general, but this is what FCC
legally plays to.

Dave - WØLEV