[RFI] CARRIER ON 40-METERS

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:30:11 EST 2023

Hi Don,

Yes, I do use the technique you mentioned with my tuned loops but it’s
amazing how much and quickly the angle changes (or possibly polarization).
I often use that technique when listening to AM broadcast stations using my
tuned loops as well as ferrite bar antennas when I don’t have my portable
flag handy.

P.S.  so far it’s somewhat uncanny how close in direction this signal is to
the one in Colorado from last year that Alan and I mentioned, but more
headings (with more precision) are definitely needed.  My quick heading
this evening is very close to what I measured on the previous Colorado case.

Don wd8dsb