[RFI] . Re: CARRIER ON 40-METERS

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 15:36:38 EST 2023

My directional ability is limited as to a 2 el 40-CD2 at 48 ft. It may
be arriving at a high angle because I don't see s strong F/B and see
very little fading. It's a very steady, solid S7-S8 on an Orion 2,
preamp off. On my K8AY loops, it's marginally stringer when I select
either NW or SW, but the nulls in the K9AY loop patterns are far more
narrow than the peaks (they have a cardioid pattern) and the deepest
*null* is in NE direction, meaning the null is somewhere  to my W or SW.
Regardless, it's certainly there, steady and strong. I'll check again
tonight.

73,

Kim N5OP

--
Kim Elmore, Ph

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, UAS, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/“I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought,
'wouldn't it be much worse if life *_were_* fair, and all the terrible
things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now
I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the
universe." – Marcus Cole, Babylon 5: “A Late Delivery from Avalon”/