[RFI] RFI Source

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Tue Jan 31 17:59:16 EST 2023

I have what appears to be  very strange RFI source: it's very broadband,
covering at least the whole 20m band, but it's somehow modulated at 1100
Hz. In AM mode, the 1100 Hz tone is audible and it, as well as the
second harmonic show up in the audio spectrum. The tones are present
wherever the radio is tuned on 20 meters. It's as if a broadband noise
source is modulated at 1100 Hz. I have heard the tone shift frequency.
Not a solar system, as it's present at night. Any idea what this could be?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA