[RFI] POE home lighting experiences?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 14 17:37:57 EDT 2023

On 7/14/2023 12:28 PM, John Langdon wrote:
> I was more worried about PWM controllers and harmonics, even with a conventional power supply. I guess I'll have to demand to listen to an installation to see if it generates RFI or not.

The slides for my tutorial talk at Visalia and Pacificon lists several
battery powered receivers that are very useful in evaluating devices and
systems for RFI. k9yc.com/publish.htm  The title of the piece is about
building contest scores by killing noise.  The most useful is a vintage
Kenwood TH-F6A VHF/UHF talkie that has wideband RX. I've seen other
talkies with this capability. There's also a very nice consumer
AM/FM/shortwave RX that WA6NMF turned me on to 6-8 years ago.

73, Jim K9YCl