[RFI] Keyboard RFI

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Fri Jul 28 00:09:29 EDT 2023

I recently rebuilt my whole station. Among other things, I neatened up
all the wires and cables. Naturally, this resulted in a bunch of new RFI
problems. The latest is a malfunctioning usb keyboard. Wrapping the
cable around the usual ferrite core seems to have fixed it. Here's the
strange thing: The keyboard would sometimes malfunction not only when I
was transmitting, but for some time after transmission had stopped,
perhaps 10-15 seconds. It was as if the RF caused the keyboard to lock
up, and it took some time to recover. Has anyone else seen such behavior?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA