[RFI] Netgear GS724T switch

nlsa at nlsa.com nlsa at nlsa.com
Wed Jun 21 20:08:45 EDT 2023

Dear friends,

My remote 2m EME system is comprised of a number of modules (SDR,
transverter, SSPA, plus antenna and ventilation control modules, etc.), all
of which are linked to each other via a Netgear GS724T Gigabit
<https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/smart/gs724tv4/> "smart
switch."  All this equipment is located right underneath the EME antenna.
Despite abundant snap-on ferrite chokes and use of STP Cat6 cables
throughout, there is still considerable EMI from the switch and the Ethernet
cables connected to it.  Is there more that I can do to quiet the switch?
Alternatively, is there a network switch that is known to be RF-quiet?

Thanks,

Mike, W9IP