[RFI] Any experience with Enphase Inverter IQ8PLUS-72-2-US and RFI?

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Thu Jun 29 00:31:08 EDT 2023

I have been designing solar systems for 25+ years now.  Based on my
observation of "the industry", I would never, under ANY circumstances,
let one of these solar outfits work on /MY/ stuff.

To a man, every company I have evaluated was a dodgy, near incompetent,
assembly outfit with next to ZERO understanding of the math or physics
involved and no understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Do yourself a favor.  Teach yourself the grammar of "solar".  Then teach
yourself how to spec out your system and leverage good companies like
Battleborn, Victron, etc. for help with the details.

DO IT YOURSELF!  Hire a master eelctrician to sign off on the work and
do the cross-connect with the power company IF it will be grid tied.

You should do a 3-legged stan-alone system and THEN tie it to the grid.

No battery?  No generator?  You do NOT have a solar system.  You have a
solar powered toy.  IF YOU cannot proceed without the power company, the
POWER COMPANY has a solar system... not you.

Do not EVER lease a solar system, panel, anything....

Sincerely,

Clay E. Autery, Jr.
KY5G