[RSM] ONN vs MB

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 00:01:55 EDT 2017

VE4SNA recently commented about moving his QTH to Kenora:

" ... I would be in ONN and no longer giving out
the now common MB mult. ;>)  "

When I made my first trip to WPG for SSCW in 2013 one of my hopes was to
stir up some contesting interest among the locals.  It turned out that,
with a push from Cary, VE4EA, interest was already percolating by the time
I arrived.  As I wrote in my remembrance of VE4YU:

" ... I got to meet a few of the hams who would form Radio Sport Manitoba,
gathered at Cary's house.  Great group of guys, and good operators; MB will
be rare no more."

Good for you all!  In any contest now one of my personal measures of
success is how many QSOs I can get with MB (and ONN; I count them the same).

I'm still pining over missing the QSY to WPG for Canada Day 2016 (but I did
have a ball from home).  And I have to keep reminding myself about the
priorities that had me QRT for the 2017 event and will keep me at home for
2018.  But I sure look forward to being there for Canada Day 2019.

CU Saturday nights in upcoming NAQP CW and SSB, I hope.

73 and Go RSM!,

Art K3KU/VE4VTR

Virus-free.
www.avg.com