[RSM] Next RSM Meeting

Ed ed_richardson at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 7 20:11:52 EST 2017

Greetings from Winterpeg everyone! Our next RSM meeting is scheduled for
Thursday November 16 at 7:15 pm. The meeting will be held at my home, 64
Avalon Road in South Winnipeg.

Our Agenda for the meeting will include the usual plus:

-          A SSB sweepstakes primer

-          An interactive hands-on on demonstration and explanation of key
receiver functions. We will look at typical controls of a conventional and a
SDR.

To assist with the second item, please consider sending me a list of
controls or functions you may have a particular interest in.  We will look
at the following:

-          Selecting the right bandwidth

-          AGC settings

-          Noise blanker

-          Noise reduction

-          RF Gain

-          Passband tuning

-          Notch filter

-          RIT

What else can we add to the list?

Please come prepared to share your knowledge and techniques for making the
most of these features.

I know we will be missing Cary and Dan (Dan your XYL is welcome to attend!)
Please RSVP if you can make it.

Hope to see everyone else next week.

Ed

VE4EAR