[RSM] Canada Day

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 00:40:33 EDT 2019

Well, that was FUN!

I have a new SO2R box, and I am still working out some issues (SSB audio).
I built the cables, and no TX audio.  So - I took the audio out of my PC,
and split it to both radios.  Radio 1 was not happy.  So - plugged a
headset into it, and TX audio was fine.  Anyway - that is the interesting
thing about contests - you find what does not work well in your station,
you work around it, and post contest, you figure out a better solution.  A
work in progress.  CW audio switching was awesome!  Ignore TX radio audio
(both ears on RX radio during TX), then back to split when TX is done.
Once I work out TX audio issues, I should be in good shape.

Conditions were not great.  I did NOT check 10 meters.  That may have been
a mistake, as I see the band may have been open, and a bunch of mults were
to be had.  Great job by N8OO!  I see he beat me on mults - SSB mults!  So
- IF I had checked 10, and picked up some mults, maybe the results would be
different.

Many thanks to Cary and Ed for the move to SSB and extra mults!!  Bottom
line being - move mults!  It made the difference in this one.

On a brighter note, when I saw conditions were in the crapper, I pressed
hard to beat my 2015 results.  Pushed hard, and beat my 2015 score on Q's
but not mults.  In 2015, I had a broken rotor.  All in all - a good result.

Tom - VE3CX