[RSM] RAC Canada Day Results in eTCA

ed_richardson at shaw.ca ed_richardson at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 31 15:28:29 EST 2020

I think we have all done that jack.  You finish the contest and forget to
send in the log.  My worst time was after the 2006 CQ WW VHF . It was the
first year I had ever participated in any contests. I had never made any 6m
QSO's before and I thought wow, there was this contest thing scheduled for
Saturday afternoon, maybe I would hear some signals on the band.  At 1 pm
the band suddenly burst alive and I worked over 200 Q' in the first couple
hours. It was non stop until my wife pulled me away to go to a family BBQ.
When I came home that evening the band was still open and I worked about 100
more.  On Sunday the
Band opened in the morning and managed to work another 300 Q before having
to go out.  Finished with just over 600Q and 148 grids.  All 6m SSB, with
100W and an 80m dip[ole at 30 feet.  My raw score was 90872.   The worldwide
winning score that year for 6m was only 70000.  My score would have been a
Canadian record. New records were established in almost every category in
2006.   So despite getting VUCC via LOTW in 1 weekend, I missed out by not
submitting a log.

I have heard from other members that they were excited to receive a
certificate after submitting contest logs with only a handful of Q.  So you
never know.

Many veterans now wont leave the shack after a contest without submitting a
log.

Ed Richardson