[RSM] Fwd: [MWA] Fwd: ON4UN JOHN DEVOLDERE SK

Jack vhfplus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 08:07:28 EST 2020

Very sad news

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paul N6PSE
Date: Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:43 PM
Subject: ON4UN JOHN DEVOLDERE SK

It is being reported on the NCCC reflector that Low Band Legend John
Devoldere ON4UN is SK.

John was a pillar in the DX/Contesting world and very well known for his
many publications around low band antennas.

John always contacted me when we announced a DXpedition and he always
quizzed me about our low band plans. He always shared his views and made
positive suggestions.

When we were going to the new country of South Sudan in 2011 he told me to
forget about our 160 meter sloper plans hanging from the water tower of the
hotel and urged us to use an Inverted L which we did. He said the sloper
would have interaction with the structure supporting the water tower. We
assumed he was right and changed our plans.

He was a very bright and positive person who had a profound effect on me. I
wish this news were not true.

Rest in Peace John ON4UN.