[RSM] K3KU QRV Canada Day

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 21:32:08 EDT 2021

The good news:

Station is ready and working (now that I unshorted the antenna feedline).
I decided not to make the effort to get 6M capability -- too small a chance
of getting Candian QSOs (the Canadians are not going to put any effort into
working Maryland on 6M).

VE4VT tipped me on the operating plan that he and VE4DLA will use as
VE4RAC.  I'll be looking for them just before the start of the contest,
just above 14150.

The bad news:

Ed also said that the power company has a scheduled outage Wednesday
afternoon, >>supposed<< to end at 2330Z.

My non-contesting neighbor K2PBS reported today that RFI, probably from the
local power grid, has been taking out 40M for about a month.  I did not
notice any noise the last time I had the radio on, but that was for WPX CW
on May 29.  Oops.  Last year 40M provided one third of my QSOs and two
fifths of my multipliers.  IS 40M is killed, so is my score.

And the WX forecast includes thunderstorms Wednesday and Thursday.

The bottom line:

I'm ready for BIC time, and looking forward (hoping) to working lots of
Canadians, particularly Manitobans.

73, Happy Canada Day, and CU in the Contest,
Art K3KU