[RSM] Radidios

Jack vhfplus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:52:51 EST 2021

Hi, Kelly:

May I suggest you look at the Sherwood Engineering receiver tests to see
how well the IC-7300 performs? In it's price class there is nothing
better and it outperforms rigs two to three times as expensive.

Conditions during contest weekends, especially on RTTY, have been
difficult. In the NAQP RTTY 40-meters was an amazing sight on the '7300
bandmap (just a solid wall of stations). Shelley and I, using the proper
DSP settings, had no issues with receiver performance at all. I've never
seen a problem created by poor receiver performance in any contest.

Over the years we've used many rigs from the FT450 to the TS590S and the
Elecraft K3. The receiver performance is precisely why we selected the
'7300 in late 2018 and we do not regret the choice for a moment.

Here is the link to Rob Sherwood's web page:

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

73,

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP