[RSM] ARRL 10M 'Test a success for K3KU

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:56:27 EST 2023

"Any contest where I work Manitoba is a success." -- K3KU (many times)

This time, it was VE4GV, on SSB, with a well-managed pileup.  It took me a
few tries, until I noticed that my autotuner was in its "don't know whether
to smile or go blind" mode.  The tuner thinks it's matched, then decides
it's not matched, and tries to match while I am transmitting.  Once I got
the tuner settled down, Rob's fine ears picked me up pretty quick.

Reports from other stations here in the mid-Atlantic USA report many MB
stations worked on Saturday, but I was not QRV then.

For me, the happy time in this contest is when the band closes to Europe,
and I can work W/VE.  Different strokes for different folks.

The rest of the Canadian Prairies were well represented.  Five QSOs with
Saskatchewan (CW plus SSB).  Both VE5UF and VE5MX called me on CW -- and
Todd even waited to be second in line; TU!   Seven QSOs with Alberta.

Even British Columbia (sometimes surprisingly difficult for me) provided
six QSOs.

Unfortunately, I was zero for the rest of Canada.  The VE3 that I heard
CQing was weak enough that the difference between his hi pwr and my lo pwr
meant he could not hear me.  And no Es to anywhere, that I heard on Sunday.

Here's the Summary:

Class: *SO Mixed LP*
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6:18
Location: USA
<https://3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=RdcgfPzJvyvfB&call=K3KU>
Band QSOs Mults
CW: 167 62
SSB: 48 30
Total: *215* *92* Total Score *70,288*
General writeup at https://3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=x1aHzHcaafcgs7

I hope to join the meeting Thursday evening.

73, Art K3KU/VE4VTR