[RSM] Fwd: NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:15:17 EST 2023

North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   91    24
   80:  207    41
   40:   72    31
   20:   47    19
   15:   11     8
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  429   124  Total Score = 53,196

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Tres

Comments:

Nice to have VE4VT call in on two bands.  Heard one other VE4, no othe
Canadian Prairies (unless VE3CX counts), but ya' gotta expect weird results
when you operate only Saturday night and only for five hours.  Hope to see
some of you on SSB.

Unexpected family obligations took out about 90 minutes of planned my
operating
time.  QRV at 2355Z Saturday night.  Nice to find a few QSOs still
available on
15M.  Took a 50 minute family break around 0030Z

Lots of Freds and Rods and Bruces.  A couple of Ellens and only one other
LN,
which how she really signed on CW.  There might have been some other
memorial
names, too; a few names seemed more prevalent than usual.

40M was noisy for much of the night.  All the low bands were plagued by QSB
--
rapid fades (and sometimes a burst of QRN) would wipe out a single letter.
One

Operator performance was down.  I messed up everything from turning the big
knob
to typing (a constant weakness) to sending with the paddles to using N1MM+.
With two hours left I was exhausted and felt like quitting.  I'll need a
lot of
introspection to figure out why I felt like that and why I kept going.
This one
was five hours of the most stressful fun I've ever had.

So why am I going to it on SSB this coming weekend?