[RTTY] A few SARTG thoughts

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:46:57 +0100

Hi one and all,
 Before I post my "claimed" score here, I wonder how many of you saw this
posting on the DX-News reflector:

-------------snip-----------------
An interplanetary shock wave hit Earth's magnetosphere on August 17 at
approximately 10:30 UT (3:30 a.m. PDT) and triggered an ongoing geomagnetic
storm.  High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras
Friday night and Saturday morning.  Visit SpaceWeather.com for details.
---------unsnip--------------------

So it look as though that may have been responsible for the poor conditions
over the first part of the contest.

Also, I noticed the following line on the cluster at one point:

C31PM-@   14000.0 C31PM   my station no RTTY all contact 1448 19 Aug

which came up shortly after I saw C31PM calling CQ on 20m.  I wonder how
many logs will show this call?? And was it genuine or not!???

Also, I saw VR2BG calling CQ, tried to work him, but I saw he was working
JA's in another contest, and was NOT in SARTG! He was giving out T14 as a
report.

Lastly, my PC at home is sick, so I can't get to emails from home at the
moment (HDD has a problem - under warranty - so it is in the shop). If
anyone has sent me a personal email over the last few days, then please be
patient, as I hope to get it all back in the next day or so.

73 to all for now, thanks for the Q's, and I'll post my score later
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please delete it from your system. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Guernsey Telecoms