[RTTY] SCC RTTY Championship - band change rule

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:13:15 -0400 (EDT)

   From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <artinian@siol.net>
   Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:43:08 -0000

   Valid QSO is defined as an exchange of callsigns and RST reports.

   However, they were quite a few 5NN in SARTG :-)

   UE de Mario, S56A, N1YU

That's one definition, true.  However, a different, and possibly better
one, is exchange of callsign and an item of information.  Arguably,
599 isn't information, since it is just a place-filler (although
looking for 559's is interesting!!).  In the case of SARTG, the serial
number is real information, by any standard.  You could argue that
just exchanging callsigns is an exchange of information, and therefore
is enough for a QSO, also.  In fact, that works for me, but....

I believe I recall a few stations in SARTG just giving callsign and
serial number, but if the rules say explicitly RST is part of the
exchange, I'll send 599 (or something).

73, doug